Gan Shan West COVID 19 Procedures
GSW COVID Standard Operating Procedure
In the spirit of full transparency, we want to publish our current COVID policy to ensure the continued trust of our guests and clearly state our commitment to providing a safe environment for both our team and you alike.
1) Keep staff and patrons safe
2) Stop spread of COVID within our establishment if it starts
3) Maintain consistency of business to the extent possible
- Each employee is awarded 40 hours paid sick leave per year. Closures will use that sick leave until the 40 hour total is exhausted.
- If there is a positive case all staff will be contacted by phone call from management.
- Answer phone and check voicemail to keep up to date with restaurant news.
- Immediately schedule COVID test at Walgreens or CVS or Lantern Health
- Communicate schedule date and proposed result date to management staff
- Communicate with management immediately after receiving test results. Must provide confirmation of test results to management.
Exposure when fully vaccinated
1) Employee may continue to work fully masked as long as they are not showing symptoms
2) Employee must get tested 2 days after exposure to ensure accurate results. Testing earlier may result in false negative.
a) If positive, stay home and quarantine for 10 days from date of first positive test. May only return to work if they are symptom free.
b) If negative, continue to work.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Gan Shan West Specific Staffing and Scheduling
FOH Staff vs BOH Staff
We have a small staff. If two full time FOH employees are out with COVID then we must close. BOH is dependent upon the number of sick employees and how we can fill out the schedule.
1) FOH staff sick – Operate with one FOH staff member. Close and lock front door. Only take online and phone orders. Pick-up only. No running food to Archetype.
2) BOH staff sick – Shut down operations on certain days of the week so that we can properly fill out the schedule.
*All standards and procedures are based off of CDC and Buncombe County Health Department recommendations. For more information consult the links below:
COMMITTED AGREEMENT OF ALL STAFF MEMBERS
I have read, understood, and agree to the standard operating procedure as outlined above for Gan Shan West.